The deadline for filing Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) claims is 03/31/2019 for services provided 01/01/2018 through 12/31/2018 (or your coverage end date, whichever is earlier).
What qualifies for Health Care FSA reimbursement?
Out-of-pocket medical expenses that you, your spouse and eligible dependents incur throughout the calendar year may qualify. Types of qualified expenses include:
- Deductibles, coinsurance and/or copayments under your current medical coverage
- Prescription drugs
- Dental, vision and hearing care expenses
- Over-the-counter medications (with a prescription)
What qualifies for Dependent Care FSA reimbursement?
- Expenses for the care of a dependent child under age 13 (care provided inside or outside of your home)
- Expenses for the care of a dependent child of any age, your spouse or an adult dependent residing with you who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care
- Expenses incurred in order for you to be gainfully employed
- If you are married, expenses must be incurred because you and your spouse work or your spouse is a full-time student
The Tri-Star web site has recently been updated and has a new, streamlined look. On the Tri-Star website, you can view your FSA account balance, file claims, upload supporting documentation, and add or change banking information for deposit of reimbursements.
You have two options for accessing the Tri-Star website online:
1. Login via advocatebenefits.com:
- Go to advocatebenefits.com
- Current Team Member Login
- Select Health & Well-Being tile
- Go to Health Accounts (Tri-Star)
2. Login to Tri-Star directly:
- Go to fsa.help/login
- Enter your Username and Password
- Username: Social Security Number (with no dashes or spaces), Tri-Star account number or your email address (Advocate email or what you already have provided to Tri-Star
- Password: Enter your Tri-Star password if you know it, otherwise
- Select I forgot my password or I never received one
- Immediately go to your email and open and use the link to reset your password. You can then go to the Tri-Star login page and enter your Username and Password.
Call Tri-Star, 1.800.727.0182, Option 1, M-F, 7am-5pm CT