Here’s what this change means to you:
- Team members with active leaves have transitioned to MetLife for ongoing administration.
- Team members are required to contact MetLife after notifying their manager/supervisor, to request new leaves of absence. Team members can either call MetLife or submit leave/disability requests through MetLife’s online system.
- MetLife will gather and review all needed information from the team member and Advocate and will then make a decision regarding the appropriate leave or disability claim.
- MetLife will provide ongoing communications about the status of a requested leave to the team member and manager/supervisor.
- Communication on leave requests, status updates, return to work, etc. will come directly to managers/supervisors from MetLife via email.
- Team members are required to report Intermittent FMLA absence to MetLife within two business days*.
*Intermittent FMLA absences (scheduled or unscheduled) that are not reported to MetLife within two business days will not be approved and will be considered unexcused per Advocate’s Attendance Policy.
How to submit a request for or track a leave:
- Team members and managers can contact MetLife Customer Solution Center at 1.888.294.1988, M-F, 7am-10pm CT.
- Team members and managers/supervisors can access MetLife's easy-to-use online system, MyBenefits, via advocatebenefits.com (advocatebenefits.com > Current Team Member Login > Leave of Absence) to track the status of all leave requests.
- Team members have mobile access to MyBenefits via MetLife’s app (App Store or Google Play) to track status of their leaves.