Advocate is enhancing the process and tools team members will use to request a leave of absence or make a disability claim. Team members will call MetLife – Advocate’s new administrator -- or submit leave requests and disability claims through MetLife’s easy-to-use online system.
Here’s what this change means to you:
- Team members with active leaves will transition to MetLife for ongoing administration.
- Team members will be required to contact MetLife after notifying their manager/supervisor, to request new leaves of absence. Team members can either call MetLife or submit leave/disability requests through MetLife’s online system.
- MetLife will gather and review all needed information from the team member and Advocate and will then make a decision regarding the appropriate leave or disability claim.
- MetLife will provide ongoing communications about the status of a requested leave to the team member and manager/supervisor.
- Communication on leave requests, status updates, return to work, etc. will come directly to managers/supervisors from MetLife via email.
Team members and managers/supervisors can contact MetLife Customer Solution Center 1.888.294.1988 Monday – Friday, 7 am to 10 pm, CTComing soon:
- Team members and managers/supervisors will have access to MyBenefits via advocatebenefits.com (advocatebenefits.com > Current Team Member Login > Leave of Absence) to track the status of all leave requests.
- Team members will have mobile access to MyBenefits via MetLife’s app (App Store or Google Play) to track status of their leaves.