· Most public middle and high schools require a sports physical prior to the start of the season.
· A sports physical usually includes a physical exam and a brief discussion of the student’s medical history.
· Check with your school for requirements and be sure to bring your school’s form with you when you take your student for a sports physical.
· School physicals and certain immunizations may be required under state law for certain grade levels.
· A school physical is generally more comprehensive than a sports physical.
· Immunization histories and any required immunizations based on your student’s age/grade are included in school physicals.
· Check with your school and bring the school’s form to your appointment.
Important to Know:
· Required immunizations are provided at no cost, no deductible, and no coinsurance under each of Advocate’s medical benefit plans when provided by an in-network provider – Advocate Centered EPO, Advocate Centered HMO, PPO. Important: Advocate Centered HMO - Use your plan network’s primary care physician (PCP) to provide these services.
· Well-child exams are also provided at no cost under each of Advocate’s medical benefits plans when provided by an in-network provider:
§ If your student has received a well-child exam in 2018, contact your PCP to see if the exam was recent enough to complete the sports and/or school physical forms.
§ If your child has not completed a well-child exam, schedule an exam and complete the school and/or sports physical forms during this visit. Important: Advocate Centered HMO - Use your plan network’s primary care physician (PCP) to provide these services.
· Advocate Clinics at Walgreens offer sports and school physicals. Your medical benefits plan will be billed for these services; you may incur out-of-pocket costs.
Questions about what your plan covers?
Advocate Benefits Service Center:
Advocate Centered HMO, Advocate Centered EPO/DRP or Humana
Humana: 888.393.6765, M-F, 7am-7pm
Advocate Centered EPO – BroMenn or Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/DRA
Blue Cross Blue Shield, 800.327.8497, M-F, 8am-6pm