When you enroll in the Advocate Commuter Benefits Program, you decide an amount to deduct from your paycheck each month—up to the $260 a month maximum allowed under IRS guidelines. The amount is automatically deducted from your paychecks the first pay period each month before any taxes (payroll or income) are taken from your earnings.
The IRS determines what expenses are eligible for the program. You can use these pre-tax dollars to pay for:
- Monthly transportation passes
- Fare cards
- Vouchers for buses or trains
The administrator for the Commuter Benefits Program recently changed. Here are the steps to get started or to change your order:
To register, visit www.wageworks.com and click on “Log in/Register” and select “Employee Registration.” You’ll need to provide your name, date of birth (MM/DD), home zip code and ID Code (last 4 of your SSN) and then you can create a username and password.
To place your order
- Log in to www.wageworks.com and select your Commuter program.
- Select “Enroll In Commuter.”
- Choose the type of order you wish to make--public transit--and follow the instructions.
- Select “Every Month” to repeat the same order automatically each month until you change or cancel it. Select “Manage Calendar” to select benefit months you wish to receive your order. Select “One Time” if you prefer to log in again whenever you’d like to order more.
- Confirm your mailing address and email address and then complete your order.
- Don’t forget to enter your email address to receive confirmations electronically. Your order will be confirmed via email within 24 hours. Soon after the close of the enrollment/change period, your payroll deductions will begin.
- Your pass will be mailed to you for use in the following month.
Questions? Call the Participant Service Center, 877.924.3967.