Week Three: Moving
Moving throughout the day releases endorphins in your body that combat fatigue and give you lasting energy. Being active accelerates your brainpower because moving increases blood flow in your body.
Rise to the occasion whenever you’re presented with a chance to incorporate more movement into your lifestyle. Don’t limit physical activity to designated workouts; there are opportunities to move throughout your day. Change your mindset so you’re on the lookout for ways to be more active.
The following exercises are all great ways to help you get moving during your workday:
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Stand or walk when you’re on the phone.
- Walk to a farther bathroom.
- Go for a walk during your lunch break.
- Walk to a colleague's workspace for a face-to-face chat.
- Schedule walking meetings or walking brainstorming sessions, indoors or outside.
Don't forget to track your activities for this challenge until May 27! Completing 15 activities each week will earn you 60 Healthe Rewards Points!
Log in to your Healthe Rewards Page and click on the Defeat the Seat Challenge tile to log your activities and earn up to 300 Healthe Rewards Points. Don't forget, you can use your mobile device to log in and track your activities on the go!
Call the Healthe You Solution Center at 1.800.937.5717, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.